Friday, September 19, 2008

2 Powerful Ways to Build Profit Using Google

Keywords: google, link popularity, search engine optimization, google adsense, multiple revenue streams
More Details about creating multiple income streams here.
Summary: Learn how to earn more money from the Google ads you run and also how to make Google repeatedly crawl and love your Web site so that you make more sales.

By Marnie Pehrson

Anyone who seeks to promote him or herself online is familiar with Google, the search engine with the runaway stock prices. I'm always on the lookout for new and innovative revenue streams so when I ran into these two that involve Google, I couldn't resist passing them along. The first way I'll share with you shows you how to get Google to pay you more for the ads you run for them. The second will tell you how to use Google's new algorithms to bring more traffic to your Web site so that you can sell more products/services once people arrive.

Increasing Responses from Google AdSense

I learned something phenomenal last week about how to dramatically increase revenues from running Google Adsense on my content-rich web sites. I was running them at the top of the site like banner ads or along the right in an offset advertisement box. A colleague suggested that I should be earning significantly more from my Google Adsense campaigns and gave me a few pointers.

First, he said to embed them into the content of the pages. Don't put them at the top like a banner ad. Make them look like viable content on the page.

Second, he advised that I make them blend in with the page. Don't set them off in another color. Make them have the same background color of the portion of the page on which they are located. For example, if an article on your site has a white background, choose a completely white background for the ad. Don't put a box around it, just let it reside alongside the text of the article

He also suggested that certain spots on the page draw the viewer's eyes better than others. So I went to Google's "Ad Settings" page and noticed that they had a link for Adsense Optimization Tips which give you ideas for increasing response rates. On this page they showed a heat map of where most people's eyes travel when looking at a Web site. I repositioned my ads to these locations.

Instantly, upon making these changes, my click through rates were 4.6 times what they were! As a result, I quadrupled my Google ad revenues overnight! Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Getting Google to Love Your Web Site

Everyone knows that Google is the "Mother" of traffic and lately they're getting picky and dropping listings and rankings for thousands of web sites per day. Top ranked sites are watching their rankings -- and traffic -- plummet literally overnight.

After filing their recent US Patent Application 20050071741 on March 31, 2005, Google is now telling you the exact scorecard they use to rank your web sites. Bottom line. Google is cracking down -- Big Time! If your goal is to get more traffic and dominate the search engines, Google is telling you "how" to do it.

Let me explain... Did you know that Google now checks the year your domain name was first registered? It's a known fact that search engine spammers rarely own web sites that are 6 years old. 6 months? Probably.

And that is just ONE "X" on your scorecard if this applies to you. But, this is only a "general" guideline that Google follows. Google now places huge emphasis on links. They want to see a slow, gradual number of incoming links to your websites. And not just ANY links either. These links need to be a variety of anchor text links. If all your anchor links are the same -- look out -- your site rankings could drop or your site complete removed from their directory in a heartbeat.

Also, Google is telling us that they look for relevant, quality content on your websites (no surprise) and that Page Rank is once again a good indicator of a web site's "authority" (and relevancy). Odds are, your web sites are not "authority" web sites that started back in 2000. Most people today probably have very few incoming links to their websites -- and hardly any anchor text links at all.

What should you do? How would you like to "piggyback" off high search engine ranking, high page rank web sites that are loaded with thousands of keyword-rich, optimized pages? ... and these same sites are willing to give you hundreds of incoming links (often anchor text) to your web sites within 7 days at NO cost!

So that easily solves your link problem, right? Wait, it gets better... these same "authority" web sites have been around for 5 years or more and want to advertise YOUR business, product and web site to the thousands of visitors that they attract every day. That's right, it's like getting them to run your Google or Overture ads on their site, but you don't pay a penny for it.

And best of all, I'm not talking about using link farms or link generator software. This is all totally legitimate, Google-approved, above-board stuff -- no short-lived tactics or trickery here. How do I know this? Because I own one of these powerhouse "authority" sites that give people this kind of exposure. I started www.IdeaMarketers.com back in 1999, and through this high-content site we give 1,000's of people, just like you, valuable links to their web sites - links that help them build link popularity and in the end build revenue streams of their own. I've been watching it work on www.IdeaMarketers.com for 1,000's of individuals (including myself) for years.

Plus, I've been studying and watching the marketplace and doing everything within my power to make sure we give you the best possible anchor links back to your sites. This is why we've added the ability for writers to add a "primary keyword phrase" to all their articles at IdeaMarketers so they have high-powered anchor text linking to their articles and from their articles to their web sites.

Most people who write articles for promotional purposes are already aware of the power of link popularity from the big article repositories, but did you know that there are literally 100's of other sites that will accept your articles? Can you imagine how long it would take you to submit your article to all those sites? Things just got easier though. My long-time associate, Jason Potash, has created one of the simplest tools I've ever seen for submitting your articles to literally hundreds of sites that accept articles. I've obtained a copy of the software. It's sitting right here on my computer. I used it to submit articles, and frankly, I was astonished at how simple it was.

And even though most people would say it's not such a smart move to send all my wonderful writers off to submit their articles to my "competitors," I feel I'd be doing our writers a major disservice not to tell them about this software. Plus, my motto is that there's plenty of room out there for all of us - right? To learn more about this powerful new software, go to http://www.ideamarketers.com/announcer.cfm

I hope these two ideas prove to be as valuable to you as they have been to me.

marnie@pwgroup.com
Author's URL: http://www.MarniePehrson.com
Marnie Pehrson, a mother of 6, has been highlighting truth and talent for 15 years. Whether it's writing a novel that spotlights individuals who've made a difference in the world or helping a talented entrepreneur create a platform for his life's work, Marnie underscores truth and talent in innovative and compelling ways. She is the creator of www.IdeaMarketers.com and helps experts promote their products and services online. For more information on her various projects and books, visit http://www.pwgroup.com.


0 comments: